Dogspotting is a Facebook group where people post pictures of the dogs they meet. And yes, it’s as simple as it looks.
There are 1.8 million members in the group and they all follow one fundamental rule: no photos of dogs you know personally, whether it’s your own pet or others you’ve seen before. And cats are not mentioned either, but that’s pretty obvious.
And that’s it, essentially. Take a look below and enjoy some of the group’s best posts so far.
More information: Dogspotting Facebook Group
1. My friend moved into a new house and right around the corner was this guy! We saw a tiny hole with a name above and figured it was a doggy lookout, so we called the name and this wee face popped up. His owners had made a space in the fence for him to say hi to people walking past.
Photo credit: FB/Eloise Martin
2. Not sure if they saw me!
Photo credit: FB/Sachitha Amarasekera
3. My sister went to visit our grandparents today and our grandfather (who unfortunately has dementia) felt really sad for the dogs who had to stay outside. So he spent the day entertaining them by showing them various paintings.
Photo credit: FB/Thomas J Morrison
4. Found a big boy peeking at us in the train!
Photo credit: FB/Calista Jones
5. I work at Starbucks and this happened today in the drive thru 💖 (I got permission to take this photo)
Photo credit: FB/Chelsea Brown
6. Proof that there is gold at the end of a rainbow!
Photo credit: FB/Cordelia Zhong
7. I’ve recently moved house, I’ll wake up and my nextdoor neighbors dog will be sat outside my door waiting for me, I’ll open the door and she comes and sits on the door mat.
Her name is Edith and she’s my new best friend 🖤
Photo credit: FB/Sophie Moore
8. His name is Connor and he’s precious.
Photo credit: FB/Valerie Hughes
9. I think this is what is meant by puppy dog eyes
Photo credit: FB/Moira Watts
10. A dog.
Photo credit: FB/Jordan Simone Adair
11. Was waiting for a taxi in Argentina when I heard sniffling
Photo credit: FB/Amy Sh
12. Yes hello I would like to withdraw all available treats
Photo credit: FB/Becca Schlim
13. I found a Newfoundland in Newfoundland!
Photo credit: FB/Бекки Алекс
14. A golden gate of good boys and girls
Photo credit: FB/Nicola Wood
15. Good morning m’am
Photo credit: FB/Erin Puccinelli
16. I’m housesitting for some family friends and they mention they’re dogsitting, no details. Meet Princess, she’s toothless, sleeps in an old suitcase, and… yes, she’s chubby, look we just met. I cant judge.
Photo credit: FB/Baylee Shandler-West
17. Coworker left his baked pawtato on my desk.
Photo credit: FB/Cameron Coday
18. Found this good boy peeking over a wall down by the sea in Scotland…
Photo credit: FB/Blair Mowat
19. Just met Ellie who likes to walk around the city with her favourite Micky Mouse toy (for all the attention and pats she gets). Can confirm it 110% worked
Photo credit: FB/Sam Draper
20. Met this 14 year old wolf at the top a mountain! His name is Shadow
Photo credit: FB/Ryder James Hathaway
21. Spotted this cute corgi in a backpack! Her name is on the backpack. She was a happy girl.
Photo credit: FB/Tracy Korkuc
22. Spotted this daddy leading his hoard of puppers to the yard for playtime. 15/10 would get smothered in kisses by these cute babies again
Photo credit: FB/Nicole Marie
23. Three month old mini Australian shep!!!!!!! look at that lil nose!!!!
Photo credit: FB/Laura Papp
24. Looked down mid-flight and found that the passenger in the row behind us was not practicing social distancing
Photo credit: FB/Brady Wood
25. Spotted little Winnie falling asleep in her mums hands!
Photo credit: FB/Lorna Grey