Most of us are well aware of the plight of animals when they reach the shelter. Not only do they have a difficulty because they are waiting to get adopted, those of us who choose to adopt them face a huge responsibility. We want to provide them with the most loving, happy home possible and it can really have an impact on the animal, depending upon how we look at our responsibility.
Those of us who have dogs in our lives already recognize how much personality they bring to the family. It can often be seen in their expression, which is a constant source of amazement to many of us. If you have any doubts as to whether dogs can display that expression or not, they are about to be erased from your mind.
The following before-and-after pictures of adopted animals are sure to melt your heart. It is also something that will make you go and hug your dog right away! It shows animals going from cramped quarters in the shelter to wide-open spaces in their new, forever home. Perhaps the best part about these pictures, however, is that you can truly see the difference in their eyes and on their faces.
1. This dog made an amazing transformation.
2. This dog was going to be euthanized but a kind woman who worked at the SPCA took him home and gave him all the care he needed.
3. This husky needed more than TLC and he got it.
4. This is what happens when you take a dog off the streets and give him a forever home.
5. It looks like they broke out of prison
6. Ripley lived in Iran but here is what happened when he moved to the United States.
7. This dog suffered from horrible abuse but he is now full of smiles.
8. This doesn’t even look like the same dog.
9. Frank the Tank now has a big smile on his face.
10. What an amazing transformation
11. This dog was adopted while his new owners were on vacation in Mexico. They found the litter in the jungle and they were able to nurse him back to health. Now he lives in Canada in a forever home.
12. From neglected to totally happy.
13. These two pictures are only one week apart!
14. He looks like a totally different dog
15. A forever home makes all the difference.
16. This pup is now living the life
17.He is no longer sad
18. Living and loving the good life
H/T: Bored Panda
Before You Go…
Please check out our friends at Best Friends Designs. Contribute to a great cause while getting a beautifully designed t-shirt. Every item sold on their website will count towards a monthly donation to help rescue efforts and shelter animals in need.
To help the animals and get a beautifully designed t-shirt, click the image below: